SafeBeat Privacy and Security Statement
This Privacy and Security Statement applies only to www.safebeat.org, operated by SafeBeat In this Privacy and Security Statement, "SafeBeat" refers to SafeBeat, the operator of this website. SafeBeat and its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents' contractors, subcontractors, and all other persons acting on SafeBeat's behalf are required to honor this Privacy and Security Statement.
This policy is not intended to govern any existing or future web sites and/or services operated by third parties or companies affiliated with SafeBeat, including, but not limited to:
authorize.net (1) and
Tier Point (2)
(1) Authorize.net. is the SafeBeat donation processor.
(2) Tier Point Inc. is where the servers that host SafeBeat are located.
We suggest that you review the privacy policies of those websites to learn how they collect, protect and use your information about you collected on their sites.
Some Terms We Use in this Policy
Personal Information is any information that identifies you with the exception of professional information such as your business address, business telephone and facsimile numbers and business e-mail address. It also includes but is not limited to your credit card number, and health or medical history.
A Business Partner is an entity or person with which or whom SafeBeat has an ongoing business relationship to provide test and data analysis, to assist in developing our website or to provide marketing services or specialized products or services or information to visitors to our site.
The Personal Information We Collect, How it is Gathered and Used
We begin collecting personal information from you when you schedule a screening appointment with us. You may schedule a screening appointment with us through our website by by providing certain personal or contact information (e.g., email address, phone number, gender, date of birth). You may also schedule a screening appointment with us through our Customer Care Center by providing the same personal or contact information to one of our customer service representatives.
If you choose a heart screening or other service through our website, we may ask you to provide us with personal information and/or health information relating to you and any family member. This information will be used as a component of the overall screening assessment by licensed cardiologists and physicians.
If you choose to obtain heart screening services via our site, you must provide the following information: your name, telephone number (in case our customer service personnel need to reach you about your apoointment), mailing and/or shipping address, email address (so that we may send an email message about your appointment and, if you opted-in, to send you our email newsletter and/or special offers). In the following paragraphs, we outline the services and activities in connection with which we gather your Personal Information and provide details on how that Personal Information is used.
All of the following services are optional; if you do not wish to provide Personal Information, you may simply decline to take advantage of that specific service.
Personal Information is collected in the following ways:
- Online Scheduling - To schedule your appointment, to contact you regarding your appointment, or to answer any questions/concerns you might have expressed.
- Email Newsletters - For your convenience, when you register as a member or schedule a heart screening, the option to receive our periodic email newsletter and special offers is pre-checked. If you do not want to receive this service, please un-check the "Yes" box when scheduling a heart screening or access the unsubscribe link provided in the email message.
- Surveys - Occasionally, SafeBeat conducts voluntary surveys through its website or directly through emails. These surveys may ask customers for background information and about their preferences. You are under no obligation to be a part of any survey. You may at any time opt-out of an email survey by accessing the Un-subscribe link provided in the email message. The information SafeBeat collects through surveys is aggregated and is used to better serve our customers' by helping us determine our customers' heart screening needs and improve customer satisfaction and this site. Again, participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose the information requested. We do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose any of the information gathered in these surveys but may share the results of the survey with our Business Partners in accordance with this Statement.
- Promotions and Other Special Offers - We ask for only the Personal Information necessary to administer these special offers. You may be contacted about promotions and other special offers if you have opted to receive them. If you choose to opt-out of receiving such offers at any time after having chosen to participate in a promotion, raffle, or any other special offer it will not affect your chances of winning. To stop emails about special offers, access the Un-subscribe link provided in the email message.
- Career Opportunities - We ask for only the Personal Information necessary for you to apply for employment. Personal Information submitted as part of a job application or in a résumé sent via email is not stored online and is shared only with persons involved in the hiring process at SafeBeat.
The Personal Information We Share and Who We Share It With
SafeBeat may make segments of your Personal Information available to organizations as noted below:
- We will share personal information and/or health information relating to you and any family member participating in our heart screening services with the licensed cardiologists and physicians that will review the screening results. The licensed cardiologists and physicians will only access your personal information and/or health information to perform an interpretative assessment of the heart screening. Your heart screening result will always include the electronic signature of the licensed cardiologist or physician that performed the interpretative assessment.
- If you have opted in to receive email from us we will share your name and email address with our email service provider that delivers our email newsletters and special offers, but its use of this information is only permitted in connection with their administration and delivery of our email program.
Disclosure Under Corporate Changes
We may also sell, transfer or otherwise disclose Personal Information including but not limited to your name and mailing address, in connection with a fundamental corporate change such as a merger, consolidation, or the sale of substantially all assets.
Disclosure Under Legal Duty
If compelled to do so by valid subpoena or court order or other governmental process, we may disclose your Personal Information as we are legally required to do. We may also use or disclose your Personal Information if necessary to protect the interests of SafeBeat.
How You Can Control the Use of Your Personal Information
There are several methods to contact us listed in this section. If you would like to change your Personal Information in our records or remove your name from lists, contact us using one of the methods set out below. There are known methods that spammers can use to hide their identity by using other people's email address to send out emails. If you have a question about the genuineness of an email you receive from SafeBeat contact us using the email@example.com email address.
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a note of instruction;
- or Call us toll free at 1-850-973-2002 or
- Write to us at: SafeBeat, Attention: Privacy Director, 9 Bartlet Street Suite 335 Andover, MA 01810, and include your name, address, telephone number, and a note of instruction; or
- To be removed from a "postal" mailing list, please use the contact information above.
How You Can Control Email Marketing You Receive From Us
You may cancel our email newsletters at any time by choosing the Un-subscribe link provided in each message.
Certain Technical Information You Should Know
Collection of Analytical Data
How We Strive to Protect Personal Information
At SafeBeat, we have electronic and corporate policies and procedures in place for the security of every screening appointment scheduled online. We use Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) to keep others from intercepting your information while it is being transmitted across the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard method of communicating secure online transactions and is built into most major browsers. The secure mode begins when you initiate your appointment. All information, once on our server, is protected from any external intrusions. Only SafeBeat employees who require your Personal Information to serve you have access to your data, which is password protected. Employees who have access to Personal Information are trained in the privacy and security practices of this Statement.
There are many unscrupulous individuals operating on the internet today who would think nothing of fabricating an email to make it appear that it comes from SafeBeat. These individuals may be engaging in a practice know as "phishing" in which they attempt to trick unwary recipients of email into divulging Personal Information. SafeBeat will rarely, if ever, request Personal Information in an unsolicited email message to you.
If you have any question about the genuineness of an email you receive that appears to be from SafeBeat contact us at email@example.com and do not furnish Personal Information in response to the email unless its authenticity can be verified.
Secured communications on the web require attention to authentication, encryption and data integrity. All three are addressed by the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Authentication is the process of establishing that you are communicating with our web server, as opposed to another server assuming our identity. We have obtained a Verisign™ digital security certificate for thecasfoundation.org. Verisign™ is an independent third party that authenticates the identity of others on the Internet. The Verisign™ certificate confirms that we are the recipients of your communication. Encryption is the process of scrambling data (through the use of keys and mathematical encoding algorithms) to prohibit anyone from understanding it if they intercept the data while it is on its way from your browser to our server. Encryption protects communications between your browser and our mainframe system. We have also implemented a firewall to protect all of our systems from intrusion. Data Integrity ensures the data passed between your browser and our server is not being tampered with while in transit. SSL protects information en route to us, and as mentioned, the Verisign™ certificate confirms that we are the recipients of this information. You can be assured that we strive to protect your data with the utmost care at all points in the process. However, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. Therefore, we do not warrant or ensure the security of any information sent to us online. If you have questions, comments or concerns please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-850-973-2002.
To ensure you are in SSL (Secure Socket Layer) or secure mode for your transactions, look at the address of the page. Secure pages will usually appear with an address that begins with https:// rather than the standard http://.
Other Matters You Should Know
Our Policies Regarding Children
We do not directly solicit our services to children; however, we do offer services to be administered to children for donations by adults. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any information without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information about any person under 18 years of age without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian. If you believe that we have information from or about anyone under 18 years of age without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian, please notify us immediately by email at email@example.com or call us toll free at 1-850-973-2002.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other sites we think you may find informative. These sites operate independently of SafeBeat and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we encourage you to review these policies before submitting any Personal Information through these sites.
Consent to Transfer
This web site is operated in the United States. Please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this web site and/or providing us with your Personal Information through this web site, you consent to this transfer.
Updates to this Statement
We reserve the right to make changes at any time to our policies and/or alter the look and functionality of our web site. However, if we change how we use your Personal Information, we will post the policy change notification on the web site, and we will update this Statement accordingly. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement for the latest information on our privacy and security policies.
Our current Statement was last updated June 26, 2017.
For further information, about any of the information in this Statement, please contact the Privacy Director at the address listed above under the heading "How You Can Control the Use of Your Personal Information" or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.