How to Prepare
Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time and bring your confirmation letter with you. This will help us process your information quickly and accurately.
Please review and follow the guidelines below to ensure the best quality heart screening results.
How to prepare for your screening:
- You will be required to remove all clothing from the waist up (including undergarments). Guys, please wear a shirt that you can get in and out of easily.; ladies, please wear a sports bra. Gowns or cover sheets will also be available for your privacy.
- You will be asked to take off your shoes.
- Remove any items that are metal. This includes metal hair barrettes, all jewelry, belts and watches.
- Wearing pantyhose is NOT recommended.
- Do not wear lotion or oil on skin, as this may interfere with the tests.
- Turn off your cell phone and any other electronic devices prior to entering the screening room.
- One parent/guardian will be allowed to accompany a minor into the screening room. Other family members will be asked to wait quietly outside. Any children in the waiting area must to be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not bring any pets into the screening center.
- Inform your technician if you have a pacemaker.