Recipe: Heart-Healthy Banana Mousse
For a creamy dessert your guests will love, try our heart-healthy banana mousse. The bananas are a rich source of potassium, the fat-free Greek yogurt packs a protein punch, and this dessert has zero saturated fat.
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 3 teaspoons stevia (can substitute maple syrup or agave nectar)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 medium banana, cut in quarters
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 8 slices (1/4 inch each) banana
- Place milk, sugar, vanilla, and banana in blender.
- Process for 15 seconds at high speed until smooth.
- Pour mixture into small bowl, and fold in yogurt. Chill.
- Spoon into four dessert dishes. Garnish each with two banana slices just before serving.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving (½ cup):
Saturated fat: 0g
Dietary fiber: 1g
*Substituting maple syrup or agave nectar for the stevia provides about 88 calories, 22g carbohydrate and 12g sugars.
Story Credit: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/12/recipe-heart-healthy-banana-mousse/