Premier Health Offering Free Heart Screenings In February
DAYTON, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) - February is American Heart Month and to raise awareness, Premier Health is offering free heart screenings. The point of the screenings is to identify any risk factors that can lead to heart disease.
The risk factors include high total cholesterol, high blood pressure and high blood glucose. Doctors say regular screenings can catch the risk factors early, giving patients a jump-start on treatment. If you're interested in a screening, you don't have to make an appointment, but if you are a walk-in, it's on a first-come first-serve basis. You can call CareFinders to schedule an appointment at 1-866-608-3463.
Here's a list of locations offering screenings:
- Miami Valley Hospital Medical Imaging Center, Beavercreek - 1244 Meadow Bridge Dr., Suite 100; Tuesday, February 7, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Miami Valley Hospital South - 2400 Miami Valley Dr., Centerville, Conference Center 1315; Wednesday, February 8, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- SureCare Medical Center - 360 W. Central Ave., Springboro, Suite A; Thursday, February 9, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Good Samaritan North Health Center - 9000 N. Main St., Englewood, Education Center; Friday, February 10, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Atrium Health Center Mason - 7450 Mason-Montgomery Rd., Mason, Second Floor, Center for Women’s Health and Wellness; Monday, February 13, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Upper Valley Medical Center - 3130 N. County Rd. 25-A, Troy, Lower Level, Conference Rooms; Tuesday, February 14, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Miami Valley Hospital Jamestown Emergency Center - 4940 Cottonville Rd., Jamestown, Conference Room; Wednesday, February 15, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dayton Metro Library, Kettering-Moraine Branch - 3496 Far Hills Ave., Kettering, Community Room; Friday, February 17, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Holy Trinity Catholic Church Trinity Center - 266 Bainbridge St., Dayton, Lower Level; Monday, February 20, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Good Samaritan Health Center, Huber Heights - 6251 Good Samaritan Way, Education Room; Tuesday, February 21, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Atrium Medical Center, Professional Building - One Medical Center Dr., Middletown, Fifth Floor, Auditorium A; Thursday, February 23, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Story Credit: http://abc22now.com/news/local/premier-health-offering-free-heart-screenings-in-february