The SafeBeat Initiative Mission
SafeBeat is a national initiative that establishes local and regional preventative heart screenings in an effort to prevent sudden death in youth and create a healthier generation throughout America’s public middle/high school systems. Our mission is that no family suffers the loss of a child because of sudden cardiac arrest.
A Simple Test Could Save Your Life or the Life of a Loved One
Most heart defects are not typically detected by the traditional physician's examination, but a non-invasive heart screening can identify those at risk of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and other leading causes of Cardiac Arrhythmia Syndromes.
The SafeBeat Initiative is a safe, non-invasive, and painless electrocardiogram (ECG) screening program includes:
The 4 main components:
- Risk factor assessment
- Symptom recognition
- CPR/AED phone app
- Monitor watches for high risk
Emergency Preparedness Resources
- Resources for AED placement and training
- Resources for CPR training
- Resources for cardiac emergency response plans
- Resources for warning signs and risk factors
Heart Screening Services
- Personal & family heart health questionnaire
- Bi-lateral blood pressures (BP)
- Height/weight (BMI)
- 12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Screenings over-read by pediatric cardiologist
- Trackable screening results
- Results are sent directly to parent/guardian
- Local pediatric cardiology collaboration
- Follow up appointments, and assistance to the under & un-insured if needed.
(No one will be denied follow-up care based on inability to pay.)
Our heart screening program is a fast and effective way to know that you and your loved ones are at minimal risk.