The SafeBeat Initiative Mission
SafeBeat is a national initiative that establishes local and regional preventative heart screenings in an effort to prevent sudden death in youth and create a healthier generation throughout America’s public middle/high school systems.
To provide affordable, high-quality preventative heart screenings in an effort to reduce sudden cardiac death in youth.
To be the gold standard in preventative heart screenings in America's youth through innovation, education and strategic partnerships.
What is the value of a child's life......priceless! No family should suffer the loss of a child because of sudden cardiac arrest.
A Simple Test Could Save Your Life or the Life of a Loved One
Most heart defects are not typically detected by the traditional physician's examination, but a non-invasive heart screening can identify those at risk of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and other leading causes of Cardiac Arrhythmia Syndromes.
The SafeBeat Initiative is a safe, non-invasive, and painless electrocardiogram (ECG) screening program including four main components:
- Risk factor assessment
- Symptom recognition
- CPR/AED phone app
- Monitor watches for high risk
Emergency Preparedness Resources
- Resources for AED placement and training
- Resources for CPR training
- Resources for cardiac emergency response plans
- Resources for warning signs and risk factors
Heart Screening Services
- Personal & family heart health questionnaire
- Bi-lateral blood pressures (BP)
- Height/weight (BMI)
- 12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Screenings over-read by pediatric cardiologist
- Trackable screening results
- Results are sent directly to parent/guardian
- Local pediatric cardiology collaboration
- Follow up appointments, and assistance to the under & un-insured if needed.
(No one will be denied follow-up care based on inability to pay.)
Our heart screening program is a fast and effective way to know that you and your loved ones are at minimal risk.