Southwest Quinoa Black Bean Stir Fry
2 TBS Spanish onion
2 TBS bell pepper
1 tsp. Cumin
¼ cup Quinoa
¼ cup Bulgur (cracked wheat)
1ea small Sweet potato
½ cup Corn
1 cup Black beans
2 TBS plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. cilantro
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Bring potato, grains and two cups of chicken stock to a boil. Then turn stove down to medium heat. Grains may boil over if covered.
- Cook potato and grains 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
- Drain and hold. Keep the liquid for the bean mixture.
- While potato and grains simmer, use frying pan to sauté onion, pepper and corn and black beans for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and chili powder if you would like a little heat. Add liquid from grains and sauté mixture for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place grains and potato on plate.
- Squeeze lime over bean mix. Place corn and bean mixture on grains and top with cilantro Greek yogurt.
Article Credit: http://www.9and10news.com/2018/04/13/sneak-peak-spectrum-healthy-eating-seminar-southwest-quinoa-black-bean-stir-fry/