Christmas Fun Facts:
1. Passover, Lent and Easter were celebrated long before Christmas.
2. Caroling, Nativity scenes and gift giving (primarily to nobility with hopes of favors in return) began taking hold around the Renaissance period.
3. Puritans didn’t celebrate Christmas due to its "pagan" background. It was illegal in Massachusetts for 22 years between 1659 and 1681.
4. It wasn’t until almost 100 years after the founding of the United States that Christmas became a federal holiday.
5. Louis Prang, a German immigrant and printer by trade, was the first to introduce the Christmas card in 1875. The Christmas card gradually replaced customs of personal visits or written Christmas letters.
*Courtesy of the National Day Calendar
Our office has moved to Lake Park, Georgia! Here is our new location information:
Physical Address: 1182 Lakes Blvd. Lake Park, GA 31636
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 238 Lake Park, GA 31636
Phone Number: 229-632-5004
And, our team is growing! We are excited to add Melissa Strawn as our Executive Assistant. You can read her full bio here.
We are looking forward to the upcoming year and all that is in store! We already have preventative heart screening events scheduled for Spring 2019 in Clay County, Florida. If your child is registered through the Clay County School District and attends any of the schools listed below, registration for the heart screening event at their school is open and available here. We encourage you to register your child as soon as possible as registration will close January 15, 2019!
5th - Lakeside Junior High School
7th - Oakleaf High School
12th - Middleburg High School
14th - Fleming Island HIgh School
19th - Lake Asbury Junior High School
21st - Ridgeview High School
26th - Clay High School
28th - Orange Park High School
5th - Oakleaf Junior High School
7th - Keystone Heights Jr./Sr. High School
12th - Wilkinson Junior High School
13th - Orange Park Junior High School
14th - Green Cove Springs Junior High School
Please keep us in your prayers as we continue our efforts to screen hearts and save lives to create a healthier generation!
We are truly grateful for the successes our organization has experienced in 2018 and we have many individuals and businesses to thank for their contributions of various kinds.
As we enter into a season of giving to close out the year, we ask that you would consider giving one final gift of a potentially, life-saving preventative heart screening to a child who would not receive one otherwise. A one-time gift of $50 can cover the cost of a screening for one child. If you are unable to contribute the full amount, we are grateful for whatever amount you are able to give. All contributions are tax deductible and can be made here.
Wishing you the most Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
The SafeBeat Team