Nov 5, 2016
The Sorensens teamed up with the mother of Michael Namey to bring AEDs and CPR and AED training to schools, college campuses and organizations throughout Florida. Michael Namey was a Bishop Kenny High School graduate and University of Central Florida student who died of a sudden cardiac arrest he suffered in class at UCF.
Oct 30, 2016
Six years after losing her preteen daughter to an undetected heart condition, Jenine Dalrymple is about to launch her latest effort in preventing more such deaths.
Oct 21, 2016
Alex Parker, 13, of Castle Gresley, died as a result of a cardiac condition after collapsing at Tunnel Woods in Church Gresley while he was walking his dog on September 20.
Oct 12, 2016
Jack Van Holland stared at the ultrasound screen from his gurney and smiled.
Oct 12, 2016
We send heart emoji to our friends and lovers every day, but it’s easy to overlook the health of our own tickers.
Yes you can eat healthily and exercise, but if a doctor doesn’t invite you in for tests, you could well be ignorant to your own irregular heartbeat.
Oct 8, 2016
Girl, 17, fitted with life-saving pacemaker after school sceening spots major heart defect
Oct 6, 2016
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, the Division of Cardiology is committed to the prevention of cardiovascular disorders that afflict pediatric patients. In 2010, we participated in a pilot study utilizing EKG screening in high school students in Hillsborough County in which more than 600 students were screened with height, weight, blood pressure and an EKG.
Oct 1, 2016
Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation® kicks off its largest annual fundraiser, Public Safety Month, focusing on raising funds and awareness for a health crisis responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths each year – sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). Firehouse Subs guests are invited to support this initiative by visiting their local Firehouse Subs restaurant and donating $1, $5 or $25 for a paper medallion throughout the month of October. Proceeds will help the Foundation provide automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and CPR/AED training
Sep 22, 2016
Royal Philips today announced the 20th anniversary and 1.5 millionth sale of its HeartStart line of automated external defibrillators (AEDs), the first AED designed for the layperson. With these milestones, the company is launching a campaign aimed at raising awareness around the prevalence of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), with the goal of educating people about using AEDs and how they can lead the way to save a life.
Sep 22, 2016
This topic has been a serious concern in the football fraternity especially because of the recent cases we have seen with the case of Fabrice Muamba (23 years) being the most popular. Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) occurs when the electric system of the heart malfunctions & suddenly becomes very irregular.
Sep 15, 2016
Hillsborough County students have the opportunity for a free heart screening. The SafeBeat Initiative team welcomes all students, including student athletes, to take advantage.
Sep 14, 2016
The SafeBeat Initiative is offering a free, voluntary opt-in heart screening program to all Hillsborough County public high school students. Please get involved in screening hearts and saving lives.
Sep 13, 2016
Studio 10 Tampa Bay interview with Gul Dadlani, M.D., Medical Director of Pediatric Cardiology at All Children's Hospital regarding sudden cardiac arrest and the SafeBeat heart screening initiative.
Sep 11, 2016
When an athlete has a serious problem with a shoulder, knee or hamstring, frustration and empathy abound. When an athlete has an issue with head or heart, people get scared.
Aug 29, 2016
Courtesy of WTTV - In September 2013, the LaPorte High School junior collapsed during a football practice, and died suddenly.
Apr 25, 2016
A 17-year-old high school senior collapsed during her team’s basketball game in late January, and doctors say her recovery may take as long as a year. Supporters of the teen, who is a junior firefighter, held a fundraiser Sunday, two weeks after she suffered a stroke.
Mar 15, 2016
King McClure was told by doctors after being diagnosed with a heart condition last summer that he could never play basketball again.